Differentiating Your Practice
How does guided surgery differentiate your practice?
- Patients feel confident knowing that the surgeon has complete knowledge of all anatomy presurgically
- Patients value preoperative planning versus intraoperative planning – appreciate and value high technology
- Patients can sense the trial and error process which often accompanies free hand drilling
- Patients also can sense the surgeon’s confidence when using a drill guide
- Patients who have experienced free hand implant placement are thankful after experiencing guided surgery
- The consistent accuracy attained by guided surgery far exceeds that obtained by free hand placement
A survey of the satisfaction of patients who have undergone implant surgery with and without employing a computer-guided implant surgical template. Youk et al. J Adv Prosthodont 2014;6:395-405.
- Accuracy and safety were the most frequent reasons for patients choosing computer guided surgery
- Patients who had experienced both computer guided and conventional treatment, reported less pain and higher satisfaction with computer guided surgery.